Al Musafi’s Metal Stitching – Stitching Solutions Together to Minimize Cost and Downtime
At the point when cracks show up or significant pieces break free from a cast piece, metal stitching is regularly the main feasible technique to repair the damage and rescue what is generally likely a denounced part or major piece of equipment.
Al Musafi Engineering known for its Metal Stitching expertise in UAE.
Al Musafi had been supporting this customer for years in the repair and maintenance of these engines and after inspection, was able to propose a repair to salvage the badly damaged block by metal stitching. Additionally, Al Musafi proposed to rebuild the entire engine in its workshop and install it when completed.
The repair was made easier by the fact that Al Musafi had access to a condemned block of the same model that it could cannibalize for replacement pieces to stitch into place.
METAL STITCHING REPAIR:
- Full inspection of the damaged block.
- Removal of damaged portions of the block – leaving a clean surface to stitch replacement pieces to.
- Cutting and fitting replacement pieces from condemned block to stitch into place
- Metal stitching replacement pieces into place
- Drilling of holes using the lock jigs and insertion of the locks
- Finish machining and stress relieving of seam surfaces
- Crack testing of the metal stitched seams to ensure repair is 100% effective
METAL STITCHING RESULTS:
The repair was reviewed and accepted by class and the engine was ready to be rebuilt and put back into service. Al Musafi’ metal stitching repair avoided a costly purchase of a replacement block and enabled the owner to repair the engine in a much more cost effective manner.
We provide Metal Stitching in UAE & neighboring countries. We are providing our services to various industries such as Oil, Marine, Cement, Dredging, & On-Shore or Off-Shore.